Despite the other various current events of my life, I am excited to be on the path to my first full marathon. I can't imagine a better way to reach this goal than with Team In Training.
Our first group training run is Saturday morning. Bright. And. Early. I am not a morning person in the least. (just ask my coworkers!) This first training run doesn't worry me too much, except for that early start time. All the same, I'm going to rub the sleep out of my eyes, find my way there, and run those first two miles at what will feel like, to me, an unholy hour of the day.
As for the running, I've got new orthotics ordered. We'll see if those pesky shin splints give me any trouble.
Cross your fingers. Wish me luck.
I would also like to mention a few of the people that will be inspiring me on this journey:
Mark Young
Anne Merchant
Amy Caldwell Bixby
Virginia Barnard
No comments:
Post a Comment