Monday, June 1, 2009

oops..... Ouch.

I goofed up when calculating my training schedule....oops. Apparently TODAY is the first day of training. Well, then, I've got a little bit of a much needed head start. Unfortunately for me, that head start is costing me some pain.

Shin splints. They're back. With a vengeance.

Saturday's 3 mile run went well enough. I can tell I'm out of shape as I quickly fell behind the main pack. I finished last out of the group. I'm pretty used to being a slow runner so this didn't bother me too much. I was encouraged that my shins didn't hurt as much as I expected during the run. I did a 360 by Sunday. It hurt to walk. I've been trying to keep them as iced as possible. Today, I'm trying not to limp around my office.

I'm supposed to do another short 2-3 miler today. I am expecting pain. I'll probably have to walk most of it, which doesn't help me build the endurance I'm in need of right now. Ah well, all in good time, right?


orthotics..... I need them now. stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment