Sunday, September 26, 2010

Corn-Utopia

Having adjusted my attitude and accepted my extended stay....
(it was hard for me since I'd had a plan and a date in my head for 2 months. also I'm extremely imperfect)
we all rallied for the big event of Woodstock, CORN-UTOPIA, a fundraiser for the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild.

No, I'm not kidding.
It was a real event.

It was actually fun. But that was mostly due to 3 clay residents who took advantage of the wine, the beer, the good band, and a very open dance floor.

We had a blast, rocked it out, made our presence known (and remembered), and were generally the life of the party. Go figure.

In other news, the trees are giving us some serious "kick-ass beauty before we die" and I'm pumped about hiking Overlook one more time before I leave town. It's refreshing to be so surrounded by God's glory every day. Yesterday, I took a mental reset run (it did help my attitude along with a lot of hard core prayer) and saw a buck dart across the road in front of me. It's the first buck I'd seen so far and in the middle of the morning, too. Pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment