I keep running into obstacles. In life and in running. After my first round of PT last week, I felt good and confident that I would be able to overcome my shin splints... and soon be on my way to training the way I need to be. Then came Saturday. First, allergies. Then, nausea. When the nausea passed, there was general fatigue and a feeling of unwell. And a sinus headache. By Saturday night, I had a fever and was doing everything in my power to a) get some sleep and b) break the fever. The fever broke and I survived Sunday with little more complications. Only exhaustion and a greater feeling of unwell remained as evidence of the previous night's battle.
By Monday, I did not hesitate to call the doctor. Now, it's a full blown sinus infection with ear infections right behind it. With antibiotics, vitamins, and Mucinex, and enough water to fill an ocean I'm battling it with all I've got. I've been transformed into a lethargic, sniffling mouth breather.
I got through yesterday's PT just fine. I was encouraged to find they agreed with my decision to lay off until I felt better. Meanwhile, I'm battling my inner overachiever. I desperately want to hop in the pool and do some pool running. For now, though, I'm doing good to simply exist behind my corporate world desk.
Here's hoping this weekend will bring a celebration of Independence of more than one variety. Sparklers, anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment