I haven't said much about my artwork, here.... mostly because that isn't the main purpose for this blog right now. For now, it's to keep track of my training, for those interested.
I will stray for a moment and say that I'm dreaming of dirt filled adventures in far away places. I've been eyeing various artist residency programs for at least 2 years now. I'm finally taking the plunge. There are 3 that I'm serious about... 2 of which are absolute long shots. Super competitive, very renown, and tough residencies that I likely will not get. The other is shorter, just as beautiful country and will still do me lots of good. Plus, it's more likely I can afford it.
There are a lot of unanswered questions with this venture. I have no idea how I'd afford it if it did come to pass. That's the big one... others involve housing, my job, what would happen when the residency is over.... all good things to know. I don't have the answers, though.... and doubt I will until it happens.
"There are a total of 21 kilns... Four wood kilns, eight electric kilns and nine gas, all varying in size and use. There is also a variety of equipment available for use such as slab rollers, pug mills, extruders, saws, grinders, a sandblaster and compressed air..." *drool*
I'm gathering my application(s) together.... and sending it off just as soon as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment