I'm still not running the miles I need to be running according to my training plan. I managed to get out and "run" yesterday. It was more walking than running. It took me 2 hours to get through six miles. I thought I'd at least tackled 8. When I mapped out the route I had taken, I was sorely disappointed to see that 6 come up. I was supposed to do 10.
Granted, it's progress. I'm just scared it's going to be too little, too late. I did have some success using a patella strap on my knee, though. The shins did flare up but not nearly as bad as I expected. Icing before and heavily after may be the key to that one. Today, I'm feeling small twinges in both the knee and my shin.... and in addition, a little something in my piriformis. I've had that injury before, too, so I know how it feels. I'm going to revisit stretches for that one.... I think it can be nipped in the bud. I'm hoping, anyway. The last thing I need is another battle to fight.
We're shooting for another walk, today. 5 miles is the goal.
**UPDATE: Today (Tuesday), I'm limping because of my shin. I brought an ice pack to work with me and am icing religiously. PT is this afternoon.... and I am hoping to get in a 5 mile walk. Yesterday's got rescheduled due to severe storms. I did yoga instead. Ice, Ice, Ice, Ice....
No comments:
Post a Comment