Wednesday, August 5, 2009

panic central

Recommittment is fast approaching.... and right around the corner is the charge date followed promptly by the marathon.

There are so many levels of panic to this, I can't even begin. First, the fundraising. I'm broke. I'm always just scraping by. I'm the girl who is in the habit of flipping off lights and in the dead of South Carolina summer doesn't turn on her A/C but for maybe an hour a day-- or while she sleeps if she's feeling extravagant. There is just nowhere else for me to personally draw any money for my own fundraising. I have zero wiggle room on my credit cards that I am desperately trying to pay off--- and mostly failing. So, what's a girl to do?

In addition, I'm still having shin splints. The tendinitis appears to be under control-- AWESOME!-- but what to do about the shin? PT is definitely helping but not shaking the pain. For now, I'm making time to walk the miles and run when my shin lets me. Ice packs have become my new favorite accessory.

I'm focusing hard core on fundraising ideas... asking my little heart out, calling on every single friend I know to help me reach this goal. It's not just about the 26.2 miles. Or the personal achievement. It's about the lives I'll be helping without even realizing it. It's about standing up and fighting. fighting. fighting whatever it is in your life that knocks you down for no good reason. It's about fighting for those who can't fight for themselves. It's about fighting for those who probably never thought they'd not be able.

I might be in a panic, but at least my heart is in the right place. We're going to keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment