I haven't been very diligent about keeping up with this blog, for a variety of reasons. I'll spare you the list that just cropped up in my brain.
At any rate, I'm still around....
And I'm running. I had a 2-3 week hiatus recently as I had a Spring Show to prepare for and a corporate boss in town. I have new orthotics and took them for a 3 miler yesterday. The orthotics were great. My body was not. In a short period of time, I have lost some of my already short endurance. I'm starting this week easing back into a routine. 3 miles, 3-4 times a week, cross training in between. I'm tired of battling shin splints. I'm bound and determined to shake them this summer. It's going to take effort and focus on my part, but I know I can do it. Once we get there, I'll start on my next goal. McDaniel. the entire length of it, no walking. From there, I hope to be training for a fall half.
I'm still in the studio. I have been sitting in an artistic funk since March. I'm attempting to pull myself out of that dreadful hole day by day. I've been accepted into an artist residency program in Woodstock, NY this fall. I'm pumped about that opportunity and the breakthroughs that go with it. It's a huge incentive to get myself creatively juiced up before I get there. In the meantime, I'm simply saving cash like a madwoman in an effort to be able to eat while I'm up there!
I'm hoping to use this blog as a way to streamline keeping people informed during the two months I'll be in Woodstock. I know I'll have a lot of people wanting to know how I'm doing and what I'm doing. check here. It'll be the easiest way for me to stay in touch.
In other news, I am working on getting rid of those marathon pounds I gained over the winter. I've shed some of them, still working on the rest of them. I have a feeling that if I stay focused, get rid of my shin splints, train smart.... I'll get back to where I want to be.
In the meantime, I have a dear friend signed up to run Nike Women's with Team in Training this October. I cannot wait to run with her, train with her, and help her along in her experience with TNT. I miss it and cannot wait to do another race with a great and amazing organization.
No comments:
Post a Comment