I forget who I've told what about what.... so let's just put this out there while I'm at it.
Just before I left Greenville for the Catskills of NY, I heard about a running research study taking place out at Furman. My dear friend who told me about it sent me all the info and encouraged me to apply. I did. I got accepted. I'll start the study when I get home in October.
Exciting? yes.
Fun? yes.
Am I a nerd? most likely, yes.
The study is for female runners only and will involve the effects of plyometrics on running endurance and capability. This is about as far as my understanding really goes. What I do know, though, is that as part of this study I will undergo free testing. Tests that aren't cheap... like body comp (the fancy scan kind), VO2 max, gait analysis, and jump and reach testing. Plus a free training program through F.I.R.S.T at Furman and plyometrics training.
I'm looking forward to getting into all that when I get home. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my runs here. They are challenging, though. The road is hill... and that's about it, really. I've been managing to get out there to run about every other day almost. I'm hoping to lengthen the runs at some point but, for now, the hill is enough of a challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment